Dani Hedlund on the Literary Tarot, maximum security prisons, and the magic of reading
Dani came by to talk about her new project, the Literary Tarot, where she organized and managed some of the most exciting talent on earth to put out a truly one of a kind tarot deck. Available now on Kickstarter.
After the publication of her first novel at the age of eighteen, Dani Hedlund founded the international literary nonprofit Brink Literacy Project (formerly Tethered by Letters). Over the course of the last decade, Brink has grown into one of the largest independently-funded literary nonprofits in the nation, with bases across the US, UK, and Southeast Asia. She is also the founder and Editor-in-Chief of F(r)iction, an art and literary collection specializing in boundary-defying work. Since its inception in 2015, F(r)iction has risen to critical acclaim, becoming one of the fastest-growing literary journals in the world. In her ever-elusive free time, Dani lectures about the ins and outs of the publishing industry writes very weird fiction, and runs a strange little board game company called Bad Hipster Games.
- Dani’s Twitter - https://twitter.com/dmhedlund?lang=en
- Literary Tarot Twitter - https://twitter.com/LiteraryTarot
- F(r)fiction - https://twitter.com/FrictionSeries
- Bad Hipster Games - https://www.brexitgame.com/
- Brink Lit, official website - https://www.brinklit.org/
- Brink Lit Twitter - https://twitter.com/BrinkLitProject
- Brink Lit Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/BrinkLit/
- Brink Lit Insta - https://www.instagram.com/frictionseries/
About the show
The Panel Garden is an interview show, where we explore the minds and the creative processes of the comics creators and occasional other creative types you love. We cover the whole spectrum of comics creativity, from writers and pencilers to editors and inkers. We also feature hot new talent for you to sink your teeth into. Not literally though. That would be weird.
Check out these other great interviews!