Katie Schenkel on the craft of writing, the process, and writing comics for kids
Katie came by for a fantastic conversation about comics, and her projects, but especially the Cardboard Kingdom 2.
- The Cardboard Kingdom 2 - https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/612942/the-cardboard-kingdom-2-roar-of-the-beast-by-chad-sell/
- Website: https://www.katieschenkel.com
- 100 Light Years of Solitude - Free on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JustPlainTweets/status/1325914080075526144
- Comixology: https://www.comixology.com/100-Light-Years-of-Solitude/digital-comic/905345
- Gumroad: https://troutcave.gumroad.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/justplaintweets
Katie Schenkel is a Chicago comic writer. Her award-winning graphic novel The Cardboard Kingdom (Random House/Knopf) came out in June 2018 to critical acclaim. Alice, Secret Agent of Wonderland (Stone Arch Books), Basketball Camp Champ, and My Slime is Alive! came out in 2020. She’s also written the werewolf comic Moonlighters and the space travel romance 100 Light Years of Solitude. Her past critic work can be found on Comics Alliance, The Mary Sue, Book Riot, and Mis En Scene, among others.
About the show
The Panel Garden is an interview show, where we explore the minds and the creative processes of the comics creators and occasional other creative types you love. We cover the whole spectrum of comics creativity, from writers and pencilers to editors and inkers. We also feature hot new talent for you to sink your teeth into. Not literally though. That would be weird.
Check out these other great interviews!