Wonder, possibility, promises, payoffs, and driving creativity. Nerding out with Hannibal Tabu
Hannibal sat down with Eva to discuss his creative process and the way he sees the world. The conversation covered a lot of ground, discussing everything from his first moments around comics to his latest projects, and the joys of representation in thoughtful storytelling.
Hannibal Tabu is a writer, journalist, DJ, poet, designer, digital program manager and raconteur living in south Los Angeles with his wife and two children. AWARDS: 2012 Top Cow Talent Hunt, 2019 Cultural Trailblazer Award from the City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs, was on the Eisner Award-winning staff of Comic Book Resources, contributed to Ringo Award-winning comics benefit anthology Mine! A Celebration of Liberty and Freedom For All.
- Time Corps
- Irrational Numbers and Scoundrel for Wunderman Comics
- Artifacts #35 for Top Cow/Image Comics
- Fathom Sourcebook, Soulfire Sourcebook, Executive Assistant Iris Sourcebook and Aspen Universe Sourcebook for Aspen Comics
- Menthu: The Anger of Angels with Robert Roach
- Project Wildfire on Second Sight Publishing with Quinn McGowan co-writer (alongside 2 Guns writer Steven Grant) of an issue of Watson and Holmes for New Paradigm Studios.
- Waso: Will To Power and Waso: Gathering Wind for Stranger Comics
- Dark Universe: The Bright Empire, Steamfunk!, Cyberfunk! and Black Power prose fiction anthologies for MV Media;
- two self-published novels (The Crown: Ascension and Faraway).
- (sic) Vice Verse
- A Drumming Between Us (journal)
- Multiverse: An Anthology of Superhero Poetry
- two volumes of Drumvoices Revue (anthology)
- Voices From Leimert Park and Voices From Leimert Park Redux (anthology)
Weekly comic book reviews can be found on http://BleedingCool.com and the iHeartRadio podcast Nerd-o-Rama with Mo and Tawala.
Please visit the website, http://hannibaltabu.com.
About the show
The Panel Garden is an interview show, where we explore the minds and the creative processes of the comics creators and occasional other creative types you love. We cover the whole spectrum of comics creativity, from writers and pencilers to editors and inkers. We also feature hot new talent for you to sink your teeth into. Not literally though. That would be weird.
Check out these other great interviews!